Monday 20 June 2011

Day 1 - Life

Today I begin my 365 days of gratitude and today I reflect on what I am most grateful for... LIFE!

Life with its up and downs and turns and twists, every day brings at least one new lesson when I stop to take a breath and actually think, instead of just doing.  What a glorious gift life is - the chance to wake up to a new day, every day and see what it brings.  Sometimes it's laughter, sometimes it's reflection, sometimes it's sadness and so many other things.  I wake up with a plan in my head and when I go to bed I often think to myself "Well, I didn't tick even 3 things off my list but what a day!".

"Life" is why I am here on this earth - to see what surprises come my way.  I open my eyes each day and groan with pain because I have yet to uncover the reason for the pain - maybe tomorrow I will open my eyes and my heart and my head and I will finally learn what life is trying to teach me... or maybe it's not time for that lesson yet.

Obviously today life is telling me to stop and smell the roses and take time to reflect each day on what I am grateful for in life... today I am listening... I wonder what life will bring me tomorrow ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Oh what a great introductory post to your new blog! I will be following along to see where this journey takes you!

    ReplyDelete