Friday 12 August 2011

Olga


It has been a difficult decision - who/what to write about next and finally this morning I was able to make the decision.
Eternal love and gratitude to Olga (a parent at the school my girls attend).  
Olga and I have an unusual relationship.  We've never really sat down to coffee together or joined in any volunteer activities together.  In fact I think we've only attended one social event together in the 18 months we've known each other and yet I feel like we know each other so well.  We meet in the playgrounds at school and stop and chat for a while and then continue on with our lives.  The thing is when we "chat" I can almost feel myself reconnecting to the beautiful, spiritual person I once was, long ago before I allowed life to make me bitter and angry.
Olga too has been a very intellectual person (an accountant by trade) until fairly recently and I think what I feel is that we are somehow travelling on a spiritual journey together, but separately.  The conversations I've had with Olga, and reading her amazing blog (http://olgastuff.blogspot.com/) incites a stirring within me, like the call of God to return to the path that I strayed from many years ago.
My life is undergoing a transformation at the moment and it started about a month ago, just before Cara's 8th birthday.  I'm starting to take responsibility, ownership and acceptance of where I am in life and acknowledge that only I can change it.
I am reconnecting with Louise L Hay’s teachings and starting to use my affirmations again.  I feel the need to meditate again, although I am still struggling with putting time aside for that.  I am realising that all paths that I have travelled over the past 4 years show signs of lack of self worth, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. 
I am starting to realise how much of what I say is negative in some aspect and I’m trying to change it to positive.  It must be working because now I’m attracting the most beautiful people to my life and the people who have reflected my negative view of myself seem to be around less.
And so today, I am grateful for that part within me that recognised a reflection of myself within Olga, and I am ever so grateful to Olga for opening her heart to mine.  Today I have changed the name of my blog to “My reflections and lessons in life” - and I can't wait to see what is around the corner.  How much better can life get?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Dionne. I am so honoured that you would write about me in your blog. Like you, I am just going on this journey, trying to figure it all out. It is so lovely watching you on your journey and I am so glad that you feel that I am worthy enough of sharing some of it with you. You are flying up and up my dear :).

    xxx.

    ReplyDelete